11/28/2011

Is the plastic used in Keurig K-Cups safe?


Nov 03, 2011
#7, but no BPA?   by: Anonymous
The Keurig comment that the cups contain NO BPA, yet are plastic #7 is very confusing. I know that #7 is a mix of different types of plastic, so basically they're declaring that no BPA plastics are used in the composition of their plastic #7. Are we to trust them, or trust the manufacturer who tells them they don't use BPAs? Hmmm. There are lots of other coffee makers out there, and most are more environmentally-friendly to boot. Why take a chance?

Nov 27, 2011
Recycle #6 on bottom of water reservoir   by: Anonymous
 I bought a B60 from Target just because it said it was BPA free on outside of box. It is actually my 2nd one after the first one conked out in less than a year. I use filter water for everything in the house and noticed a weird metallic plastic chemical taste with the coffee to the point of being undrinkable. I went to amazon.com and qvc to see if other reviewers say same. There was and some recommended cleaning the reservoir with vinegar or baking soda. I pulled mine out and see a #6 on bottom which is known to leach harmful toxins and to top it off the World Health Org suspects #6 as a carcinogen. Thanks Keurig for making me think I am buying something healthy. With all the links to cancer and endocrine dysfunction with some plastics I am not very happy right now. 





No comments: